[1.] You must be a member to participate. All mods and banner makers have access to posting. But members can comment on all the posts. Click here to join
[2.] There will be weekly challenges starting on Friday with all entries due the following Friday (exactly one week later) @ MIDNIGHT ET (unless a certain challenge specifies anything different.) Voting will be Saturday thru Sunday and the winners will be announced on Monday.
The new challenge will be posted on the same day the entry deadline for the previous challenge ends, which means the challenges will somewhat overlap. Therefore the weekly challenges will actually last nearly a week and a half in order to give everyone plenty of time to enter their icons.
[3.] Enter up to 3 icons per challenge
[4.] Icons must meet LJ standards of Under 40KB (file size), 100x100 (pixels); Must be saved in .PNG, .GIF, or .JPG
[5.] Brushes, textures, gradients can be used. Blends and animation are allowed
[6.] Do not post the icons anywhere else until the challenge is done. PLEASE do not use old icons. You must create a new one for the challenges.
[7.] You can't vote for youself and don't get people to vote for you. We want this to be fair.
[8.] To Post icons in the comments box Please put the image with the url:
Along with having normal weekly challenges, there will be a LIMS challenge. We'll see how it all goes. If all is well, then the LIMS will continue.
LIMS SYNOPSIS This is a synopsis of sorts for people who don't know what a LIMS contest is. LIMS stands for LAST ICON MAKER STANDING.
Each week a new challenge will be posted for the participants who have signed up. Then once the entries are submitted, voting goes up. You have to vote on the LEAST QUALITY ICONS and a FAVORITE ICON. After voting is done, I will post the results and the person/s with the most votes for LEAST QUALITY ICON will be eliminated. It probably will be 2 that are voted off each week. So each week, icon makers get eliminated until we are down to THE LAST ONE STANDING.
If anyone has questions, feel free to ask me.
RULES: 1. You must join this community and sign up to be a part of the challenge. SIGN UPS are here.
2. All icons must adhere to LJ standards which are 100x100 pixels and have a size of under 40K. Icons must be posted with the image and url
3. Please keep your icon anonymous until the voting is over for that particular challenge.
4. Do not get other people to vote for your icon. We want this to be fair.
5. Everyone is allowed ONE SKIP up until the last few challenges. If you have no more skips left or do not post that are using a skip, then you will be disqualified. More about SKIPS, go to the SKIP POST.
6. To keep up with challenge reminders, friend this community.
Challenge and Voting Rules are based on houselims with permission. Thanks:)